Skrupel - Tribute Compilation Foren-Übersicht
Aktuelle Zeit: Do Feb 20, 2020 19:29

The irony is Foles received playing time the past 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag The irony is Foles received playing time the past
JACKSONVILLE Josh Lambo Color Rush Jersey , Fla. (AP) — Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette practiced for the first time in more than a month Monday, working with the first-team offense and looking like he might be fully healthy for the first time since the season opener.But coach Doug Marrone stopped short of proclaiming Fournette back or ready to return Sunday at Indianapolis."I don't know if he is going to play," Marrone said. Fournette has missed six games, including all four during the team's four-game losing streak, because of a strained right hamstring. The Jaguars (3-5) reacted to Fournette's prolonged absence by signing free agent Jamaal Charles and then trading for Carlos Hyde.Fournette has 20 carries for 71 yards this season and has missed nine games in two years because of injuries and suspension, creating doubts about the fourth overall selection in the 2017 NFL draft.Jacksonville built its offensive scheme around Fournette and needs him back to potentially take pressure off inconsistent quarterback Blake Bortles.Marrone, though, won't know about Fournette's availability until later in the week."How things happen during the week is really what answers a lot of those questions Ronnie Harrison Jersey ," he said. "Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, you are worried about this guy. Is he going to be able to play? Is he going to play the full amount? Did we get the other guys ready enough? What plays does he feel comfortable with? What plays do other people feel comfortable with?"You go back and forth because, at the end of the day, your job is to try and put the team in the best situation to win. Sometimes I feel like I've done a good job of that. But sometimes I haven't."Marrone said Bortles injured his non-throwing shoulder against Philadelphia in London, but took "his normal throws" Monday following the team's bye week."It's early in the week and we will just see how it goes," Marrone said.The Jaguars signed a third quarterback https://www.jaguarsfanstore.com/Will-Richardson-Jersey , Landry Jones, as an insurance policy in case Bortles' injury becomes more significant. Nick Foles will undergo surgery on his broken left clavicle Monday. Foles’ debut with the Jaguars lasted less than a quarter, and he now is out indefinitely. “We don’t have a time span,” Foles said. “We’re going to take it one day at a time. . . .I’m going to do everything I can to get back as quickly as I can to where I’m ready to roll.”The Jaguars could place Foles on injured reserve and designate him to return. That would allow him to practice after six weeks with a return to the field Week 10 against Indianapolis. “Obviously it’s unfortunate,” Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said. “Really liked to see how the game would’ve played out or worked itself out. With Nick, what I’ve been told is he broke his left collarbone. I don’t know the time frame. I’m sure you guys can look it up to see what the average broken collarbone is.”Foles took a hit from Chiefs defensive tackle Chris Jones on his 35-yard touchdown throw to DJ Chark. The irony is Foles received playing time the past two seasons with the Eagles only after starter Carson Wentz was injured. Now, rookie backup Gardner Minshew, the Jaguars’ sixth-round draft choice Logan Cooke Color Rush Jersey , gets his opportunity sooner than expected.“It’s not the way you want to start your time here,” Foles said. “It’s unfortunate, but at the same time, I’m going to stay positive and trust the good Lord in this time. Sometimes things don’t happen like we expect them to, but we just have to have faith that it’s for a reason. I’m still grateful I get to be a part of this team. I’ll have surgery tomorrow to get this thing rolling and trust the good Lord for healing and be ready to roll when I am.”

Do Jan 09, 2020 3:31